UA Local 412 Training Center, 411 Arizona Street SE, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108 is applying to become a candidate for accreditation with the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education. Persons wishing to make comments should either write the Executive Director of the Commission, Council on Occupational Education, 7840 Roswell Road, Bldg. 300, Suite 325, Atlanta, GA 30350, or submit their comments through the Council’s website (www.council.org). Persons making comments must provide their names and mailing addresses.
WELD COORDINATOR POSITION
- UA Member in good standing
- 7+ Years Journeyman Field Experience preferred but not needed to apply
- CWI Certification preferred but not needed to apply
- Welding Experience
- UA Certified SMAW Downhill & Uphill welding
- UA Certified GTAW Welding
- GMAW preferred but not needed to apply
- Knowledge and understanding of Orbital Welding is preferred but not needed to apply
- Preferably familiar with Microsoft Office
- Preferably have Blackboard® Learning Management Software Experience
- Must be Self-Motivating
- Must be able to Lead
- Clean Driving Record
- Able to Pass a Drug Test
- Responsible to the Training Director and assists, as needed, with Training Director duties.
- The Welding Coordinator is responsible for oversight of the welding & pipefitting programs. This includes, but not limited to
- maintaining and care of Welding shops, equipment, materials & tools procurement
- responsible for the administration of the UA Weld Program
- creating test sessions and entering data to the UA for weld testing for multiple testing locations
- visually inspect all weld coupons for approval to forward for x-ray/destructive testing to third party
- properly box coupons for shipment with necessary paperwork
- responsible for scheduling and testing for UA Certifications
- additional duty as key and security control custodian
- responsible for the acquisition of needed gasses and their safe storage by OSHA standards
- responsible for assigning instructors to the pipefitting/welding apprenticeship classes
- responsible for evaluation of instructor performance
- assist, when needed, the Senior Instructor with Pipefitting & Welding curriculum
- coordinate instructors for Open Weld and Weld Test sessions
- cover apprentice pipefitting/welding classes as a substitute if no other instructors can cover the class
- must be willing to travel to all outline training centers on a regular basis to assist with any training and needs.
- Work closely with the UA Local 412 Welding Director on UA Programs, contractor needs, new training technology and techniques.
- Oversee the UA Orbital welding training program, work closely with end users on site specific requirements.
- provide the office manager and training technicians any data that may be required
- other duties as assigned
Pay: Industrial General Foreman rate = $39.65 hr.
Schedule: 40 hours per week